Successful SciLifeLab leadership and management course for Principal Investigators
A few weeks ago, SciLifeLab hosted a 3-day leadership and management course for Principal Investigators (PIs) in Uppsala. The German firm HFP Consulting held the course targeting SciLifeLab Fellows, Data-Driven Life Science (DDLS) Fellows, and infrastructure PIs.
Some of the topics dealt with during these three days can be seen below.
- Key communication skills
- Dealing with group dynamics
- Establishing and maintaining collaborations
- The art of effective delegation
- Understanding the sources of motivation
- Organizing your work: setting goals, setting priorities
- Recruiting the right people
- And more.
At the end of the three days, the participants were asked to evaluate the course, and there was a lot of praise for the content, atmosphere, and the PIs attending the event.
“Clear angle towards leaders in science, where also course leaders have experience from working as researchers”
“Nice group atmosphere and everybody being very open and genuine”
“A good mix of infrastructure and fellows”
STAY UP TO DATE