Clinical Genomics Stockholm
The Clinical Genomics Stockholm unit provides a dedicated research infrastructure for projects utilising massively parallel / next generation sequencing technologies. All projects are carried out in close collaboration with the Swedish healthcare system. The unit serves as a competence center assisting the translation of genomics-based tools to routine clinical care. All work is carried out in close collaboration with medical expertise provided by the clinical diagnostic laboratories and patients’ managing physicians. Also, the unit aims to improve the capacity of the public health microbiology for national surveillance of infectious diseases and for epidemic preparedness.
- DNA sequencing using short-read sequencing
- Clinical whole-genome sequencing
- Clinical exome sequencing
- Microbial whole-genome sequencing (bacteria and virus)
- Metagenomic sequencing
- Targeted panels using various bait sets for myeloid and lymphoid malignancies and solid tumours (contact for detailed information)
- RNA Seq using both poly A based priming
- Ready-made libraries for rapid turnaround time sequencing (prepared by collaborator)
- Large-scale analyses of the human genome and transcriptome, including targeted panels, exomes and whole genomes.
- Microbial analyses based on whole genome sequencing.
Current focus areas include inherited diseases, cancers and microbial surveillance applications. We are continuously looking for additional applications to expand the current focus areas.
- Covaris E220 DNA fragmentation
- Agilent Bravo Configuration B systems
- Hamilton liquid handling systems
- Various systems for QC and quantification
- Illumina NovaSeq 6000
- Illumina iSeq
IT & compute systems
- Virtualised server farm for running key services
- On-prem large scale storage
- On-prem high performance computing
Accessing the services
If you are interested in more information, please contact Valtteri Wirta (Head of unit and Platform Scientific Director).
Our current job openings can be found at SciLifeLab Vacancies section, or either at KI or KTH websites.
We encourage spontaneous applications, especially for bioinformatic or IT related positions, as we see the need to further recruitments in these areas.
We are also looking for motivated masters students in following areas: bioinformatics and software development . Interested candidates are kindly requested to send in a CV and an application letter (free format) describing motivation as well as previously acquired key strengths. Please send material to email@example.com
Clinical Genomics, Gamma 4
171 21 Solna
Visitor address / Deliveries
Clinical Genomics, Gamma 4
171 65 Solna