Research Engineer in cryo-EM of photosynthetic bioenergetic complexes
KTH Royal Institute of Technology, School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
We are hiring a research engineer in the area of cryo-EM to student bioenergetic complexes of photosynthesis. Research in our group is on photosystems as well as respiratory complexes in mitochondria, including how these proteins are arranged, their dynamics, and regulation. We have a close collaboration between KTH, Stockholm University, and Umeå University as part of a Agenda 2030 consortium for sustainability. The laboratory has excellent access to cryo-EM infrastructure. The position includes the following: planning and execution of experiments related to structure and biochemistry of photosystems and analysis of data and writing research reports.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and get settled in Sweden and at KTH
A graduate degree or an advanced level (higher education) in the research subject or equivalent competence.
- Completed bachelors degree or equivalent within biochemistry or molecular biology
- Experience in cryo-EM and visualization of protein structure
- Experience in writing research reports or articles
- Preferred candidate is independent, takes initiative, and energetic
- Preferred candidate has good ability to collaborate
- It is a merit if you have awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH.se
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the instructions in the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max one page long.
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).