In 2021, the Board of SciLifeLab announced Lund, Linköping, Gothenburg and Umeå as official SciLifeLab sites alongside with the host university sites in Stockholm and Uppsala. The purpose behind this was to strengthen the coordination of SciLifeLab’s national mission and activities. The aim of the sites is to bring national infrastructure activities closer to the research communities at these locations, and to contribute to increased synergies and collaborations with multiple stakeholders. These stakeholders include local infrastructures, the Data-Driven Life Science (DDLS) program, and Wallenberg Centers for Molecular Medicine (WCMM).
SciLifeLab Lund was formally launched in 2022 as a cross-faculty initiative between the Faculties of Medicine, Sciences, and Engineering. SciLifeLab Lund is located at Lund University’s Biomedical Centre (BMC) on floor D14. The site is governed by a Steering group with representatives from the above-mentioned faculties, as well as from Region Skåne. The site is led at the operative level by a Site Director and a Management Group, which includes representatives from the included Research Infrastructure Units.
Currently, SciLifeLab Lund consists of eight research infrastructure units. Six of these units are part of SciLifeLab’s technology platforms, while the remaining two represent core local facilities that are nationally relevant and have missions and objectives similar to those of SciLifeLab.
Units within SciLifeLab platforms:
- National Bioinformatics Infrastructure Sweden (NBIS). Platform: Bioinformatics
- Clinical Genomics Lund. Platform: Clinical Genomics
- Cryo-Electron Microscopy (Cryo-EM). Platform: Cellular and Molecular Imaging & Integrated Structural Biology
- Chemical Biology Consortium Sweden (CBCS) Lund node. Platform: Chemical Biology and Genome Engineering
- Structural Proteomics. Platform: Integrated Structural Biology
- Human Antibody Therapeutics. Platform: Drug discovery and Development
Local core facilities:
Klinikgatan 32, Lund (Sweden)
Stay updated about SciLifeLab Lund news:
Follow us on LinkedIn for news, events, and updates about SciLifeLab Lund