RNA-seq data analysis
March 13, 2023 @ 08:00 – March 16, 2023 @ 17:00 CET
This workshop will introduce the best practice bioinformatics methods for processing and analyses of RNA-seq data via a series of lectures and computer practicals.
Application open: December 15, 2022
Application deadline: February 12, 2023
Johan Reimegård, Julie Lorent, Nima Rafati
Contact information for questions regarding the course
A course fee* of 1800 SEK will be invoiced to accepted participants. This includes lunches, coffee, snacks, and one course dinner.
*Please note that NBIS cannot invoice individuals
Topics covered will include:
- RNAseq quality control analysis
- Mapping of short reads
- Quantification of gene expression
- Exploratory data analysis
- Differential gene expression
- Gene set enrichment analysis
More details about the course can be found at:
The course will follow similar structure and topics.
NOTE: In March 2023, the course will be a 4-day-course on-site in Uppsala.
Required for being able to follow the course and complete the computer exercises:
- Basic knowledge in Linux and R
- Your own laptop with the following specs:
- At least 6 GB of RAM.
- Operating system Win10, OS X or Linux
- At least 30 GB of free storage
- Experience working with NGS data analysis or completed the NBIS workshop “Introduction to Bioinformatics using NGS data”
- Experience working in R or completed the NBIS course “R Programming Foundations for Life Scientists”
Due to our best practice to have a high teacher to student ratio we have set the number of participants to a maximum of 20 participants.
If we receive more applications, participants will be selected based on several criteria.
Selection criteria include correct entry requirements, motivation to attend the course as well as gender and geographical balance.