Clinical Genomics LundNational facility, part of Diagnostics Development
Clinical Genomics Lund was established in 2016 as a joint strategic initiative between the Medical Faculty at Lund University and the Division of Laboratory Medicine, Medical Services, Region Skåne. The facility encompasses two units, Center for Translational Genomics (CTG) and Center for Molecular Diagnostics (CMD) that are fully aligned and operate in tight synergy, but with separate responsible bodies and budgets. Clinical Genomics Lund aim to provide state-of-the-art next generation sequencing (NGS-) based services to strong and high-profile translational research projects and to implement new NGS-based tests for clinical diagnostics within the health-care system aiming at broader national coverage and consensus.
Clinical Genomics Lund offers expertise and service in NGS-based technologies for investigators at Lund University and Region Skåne in projects with a strong translational edge or aiming at clinical implementation of new diagnostics assays.
Clinical Genomics Lund also constitutes a physical node at which knowhow, services, education and outreach activities by the national platform Diagnostics Development will take place. Clinical Genomics Lund will also offer national services within specific high-profile areas of the facility.
Our services include:
- Support with project design
- Quality control of samples prior to analysis
- RNA sequencing
- DNA sequencing
- Single Cell analysis
- Quality control of sequencing data
Genome-wide and targeted DNA and RNA sequencing. Method development for variant detection, fusion gene detection, and structural variation detection for translational research projects and for diagnostic purposes.
CTG and CMD
- Fragment Analyzer
- MOXI Z
- Chromium controller, 10xGENOMICS
- Liquid handling robotic system, 384 head, BRAVO
- SMARTer ICELL8 cx single cell system (5184)
- Tecan Fluent 480 and 780
- Illumina platforms (NovaSeq 6000, NextSeq 500, MiSeq, MiniSeq)
- Nanopore platforms (MinION, GridION)
- Ion S5
- Ion S5 Prime
*CTG also uses instrument available at different research Departments at the Medical Faculty
- Clonal competition within complex evolutionary hierarchies shapes AML over time.
Sandén C, Lilljebjörn H, Orsmark Pietras C, ...., Juliusson G, Ågerstam H, Fioretos T.
Nat Commun. 2020 Feb 5;11(1):579
- Undifferentiated pleomorphic sarcomas with PRDM10 fusions have a distinct gene expression profile
Hofvander J, Puls F, Pillay N, ..., Nilsson J, Mertens F
J. Pathol 249 (4) 425-434
- Early growth response 1 regulates hematopoietic support and proliferation in human primary bone marrow stromal cells
Li H, Lim HC, Zacharaki D, ..., Hansson J, Scheding S
Haematologica - (-) haematol.2019.216648
- For other recent projects see CTG webpage