NGI UppsalaNational facility, part of NGI
NGI Uppsala offers next generation sequencing (NGS) and genotyping services of high quality using the latest technologies to academic researchers in Sweden and abroad.
NGI Uppsala consists of two facilities, the SNP&SEQ Technology Platform and Uppsala Genome Center. Our aim is to provide researchers in Sweden and abroad cost effective, flexible and expedient service.
Our wide-range of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) services include short-read technologies using Illumina and IonS5XL instruments and long-read technologies using PacBio Sequel and Oxford Nanopore PromethION. Linked-read technology from 10xGenomics for genome-scale phasing (haplotyping) and single-cell RNA sequencing is also offered in combination with short-read Illumina sequencing. Thus our services cover a unique range of applications and solutions in the field of genomics. We also undertake technically challenging projects that can lead to development of novel NGS protocols and applications.
For genotyping we assist projects on all scales, from 1 to millions of SNPs per sample in a few to thousands of samples using the Illumina iScan and Agena MassARRAY systems.
DNA-methylation profiling is offered by array-based SNP genotyping and by whole-genome and targeted bisulfite sequencing using Illumina technology. Methylation profiling is also possible on native DNA using PacBio Sequel.
The SNP genotyping and sequencing using Illumina, Ion and PacBio technologies are accredited by SWEDAC according to the ISO/IEC 17025 quality standard.
The best set up for a particular project depends on several factors e.g. research question, amount, quality and number of samples to be analyzed, as well as the requested amount of data. Read more about our services and technologies below, or contact us to discuss the most suitable method for your project.
|Short read NGS with:||NovaSeq6000, HiSeqX, HiSeq2500, MiSeq, iSeq (Illumina)
|Long read NGS with:||PacBio Sequel and Oxford Nanopore PromethION|
|Whole-genome genotyping with:||iScan (Illumina).
(3.000-5 million SNPs)
|Small to medium scale genotyping with:||MassARRAY (Agena BioScience),
Hidex Sense (Hidex Oy)
(1 to 1536 SNPs)
|Methylation profiling with:||iScan (Illumina), NovaSeq 6000, PacBio Sequel|
Our services include:
- Technical support for sequencing and genotyping projects design.
- Quality control of samples before genotyping and sequencing.
- Library preparation for sequencing with protocols optimal for each research project.
- Quality control of sequencing and genotyping data.
- Compilation of materials and methods for publications.
- Bioinformatics support, including:
- delivery of sequence reads with quality information via SNIC-UPPMAX.
- alignment using BWA and variant calling for human WGS (Illumina sequencing).
- de novo assembly of PacBio data with HGAP or FALCON assembler.
- Whole genome sequencing for analysis of genetic variation
- Whole exome sequencing for analysis of genetic variation
- Whole genome de novo sequencing
- Long-range haplotyping (phasing)
- Whole-genome bisulphite sequencing for DNA methylation analysis
- Reduced representation methylation sequencing
- Whole transcriptome sequencing (RNA-seq)
- Single-cell RNA-sequencing
- Targeted sequencing of genomic regions (amplicon or hybrid capture sequencing)
- Chromatin immunoprecipitation sequencing (ChIP-seq)
- Sequencing of premade libraries
- SNP genotyping on all scales in various organisms
- Custom designed SNP panels
- Copy number variation
- Genome-wide DNA methylation analysis
- 2X iScan (Illumina).
- 1X MassARRAY (Agena Bioscience).
- 1X Hidex Sense (Hidex Oy).
- 2X NovaSeq6000 sequencers (Illumina).
- 5X HiSeq X sequencers (Illumina).
- 1X HiSeq 2500 sequencers (Illumina).
- 1X MiSeq sequencer (Illumina).
- 1X iSeq sequencer (Illumina).
- 1X Chromium system (10X Genomics).
- 2X PacBio Sequel system (Pacific Biosciences).
- 1X Ion S5XL (IonS5XL, Thermo Fisher).
- Multiple liquid handling robots for automated workflows.