Call for proposals for development projects
The Steering group of SciLifeLab in Stockholm now opens a call for projects aiming to develop concepts for future SciLifeLab units.
The call is open for researchers at Karolinska Institutet, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, and Stockholm University, for development projects aiming to establish concepts that potentially can turn into SciLifeLab units if successful. Proposals should be sent to Fredrik Sterky, fredrik.sterky@localhost. Application deadline is September 30, 2015.
Decision about funding will be taken by the Steering Group of SciLifeLab in Stockholm in November 2015, after review and prioritization by an evaluation panel.
More details about the program:
This call aims to develop concepts for future SciLifeLab units, or a new service at an existing unit at SciLifeLab in Stockholm.
Terms and conditions for the funding
Eligible are Principal Investigators at KI, KTH and SU. Funding can be applied for a maximum of 2 years and the maximum requested budget for a project is 1,5 MSEK/year and can include:
Salary, reagents, instruments (depreciation for the duration of the project), premises, and overhead costs.
Content of the Application
All documents should be in A4 format, using a 25 mm margin and a Times New Roman 12 font. All documents should be in English.
- A) A project plan (maximum 4 pages) containing:
- Aims (Description of the service offer that the future unit could provide).
- Research plan (Description of necessary development in order to enable successful launch of the future unit, and how the service will be rolled out).
- Impact (Description of potential future users and expected results coming out of the future unit).
- Future funding (description of fees and funding needs to launch the service after the development project).
- B) Potential positioning within the existing SciLifeLab organization (maximum 1 page):
A description of whether there are potential synergies with existing units, and how the new service offering might fit into an existing unit, or if better organized as a completely new unit.
- C) Budget (maximum 1 page) specified with respect to salaries, reagents, instruments, (depreciation for the duration of the development project), premises, and overhead costs. Max 2 years, max 1,5 MSEK/year.
- D) CV (maximum 2 pages) for the PI and for each of the co-applicants.
- E) A letter of support from the Head of Department.
Applications that do not follow these instructions will not be processed.
Contact person: Fredrik Sterky, fredrik.sterky@localhost
STAY UP TO DATE