The SciLifeLab board gets two new members
Two new members were recently appointed to the SciLifeLab board: Professor Mikael Lindström, Vice-rector of KTH Royal Institute of Technology, and Professor Martin Bergö, Vice President of Karolinska Institutet.
The SciLifeLab Board started its assignment during spring 2013, in accordance with directives from the Swedish government. The Board includes one representative each from the four host universities, three representatives from other Swedish universities, one representative from the industry. Ylva Engström, Chair of the board, is appointed by the Swedish Government. The Board is responsible for the national infrastructure, the management and the communication of SciLifeLab.
The board members are now:
- Ylva Engström, Professor at the Department of Molecular Biosciences at Stockholm University and member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences
- Christoph Varenhorst, AstraZeneca, Government appointed Industry representative
- Mikael Lindström, Professor, Vice-rector KTH Royal Institute of Technology
- Mats Larhed, Professor, Vice-rector Uppsala University
- Henrik Cederquist, Professor, Deputy Vice President for Science, Stockholm University
- Martin Bergö, Professor, Vice President, Karolinska Institutet
- Katrine Riklund, Professor, Pro-vice-chancellor, Umeå University
- Carina Mallard, Professor, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, University of Gothenburg
- Lena Eliasson, Professor, Vice Dean, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University
- Gunilla Westergren-Thorsson, Professor, National SciLifeLab Committee Chair, Lund University, Co-opted member
- Andreas Muranyi Scheutz, Region Uppsala (adjunct, GMS representative)
STAY UP TO DATE