The analysis of proteins circulating in blood provides systemic insights into the physiology of human health and diseases. We utilize multiplexed affinity proteomics methods for a deep dive into the circulating proteome to contribute to a better understanding of how proteins in body fluids relate to personalized health states.
Our work is centered around developing and applying different types of multiplexed immunoassays for exploring the circulating proteome. These efforts are empowered by the Human Protein Atlas and a variety of other affinity proteomics technologies. We apply a variety of methods to examine the data to decipher the biology of many different protein. Here we employ classical as well as multivariate and data-driven analysis strategies. We also develop assays for dedicated targets and different body fluids, such as dried blood spots. Our ambition is to map the differences and variations of proteins between individuals, health and disease states, in a variety of interdisciplinary research projects. We work on metabolic, cardiovascular and inflammatory diseases, as well as breast cancer and wellness. We know the major challenges in studying circulating biomarkers thus carefully design our studies and considering different types of pre-analytical biases.
Our long-term objective is to establish clinically useful proteome analyses that will contribute to establish better tools for precision medicine.
- Prof Jochen M Schwenk (Group leader)
- Dr. Claudia Fredolini (Researcher and Head of Affinity Proteomics Stockholm)
- Dr. Tea Dodig-Crnkovic (Postdoc),
- MSc Leo Dahl (Data analyst),
- MSc Annika Bendes (Research engineer),
- MSc Cecilia Mattsson (Research engineer),
- MSc Matilda Dahle (Research engineer),
- MSc Maryam Sahi (Research engineer).
- Vincent Albrecht (Erasmus student)
- Paul Boulouednine (Erasmus student)
- Ilana Kotliar (visiting PhD student, Rockefeller University)
- Dr. Cecilia Engel Thomas (Postdoc),
- Dr. Mun-Gwan Hong (Data Analyst),
- Dr. Emily Lorenzen (visiting PhD student, Rockefeller University),
- Dr. Philippa Pettingill (Researcher),
- Dr. Ragna Häussler (Postdoc),
- Dr. Ulrika Qundos (PhD student),
- Dr. Sanna Byström (PhD student),
- MSc Elin Birgersson (Research Engineer),
- MSc Kimi Drobin (Licentiate student),
- Dr. Spyros Darmanis (Postdoc),
- Dr. Björn Winckler (Postdoc),
- Dr. Arash Zandian (PhD student),
- Dr. Anna Häggmark-Månberg (PhD student),
- Dr. Maja Neiman (PhD student),
- Dr. Mahya Dezfouli (PhD student),
- Dr. David Just (PhD student),
- Dr. Burcu Ayoglu (PhD student),
- Dr. Frauke Henjes (Postdoc),
- Dr. Julie Bachmann (Postdoc),
- Svenja Wingerter (Erasmus student),
- Kristin Stirm (Erasmus student).