Harnessing AI Transforms Research: Smart Strategies for Advanced Productivity
May 13, 2024 @ 09:00 – May 14, 2024 @ 16:00 CEST
SciLifeLab Gothenburg invites you to a hands-on workshop during two days led by PD Dr. Daniel Mertens, who is a biochemist and group leader at the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) and at the University of Ulm. He is both a successfull scientist, with more than 100 publications within life science that have been cited more than 5000 times (Daniel Mertens – Web of Science Core Collection) and an experienced lecturer, who has been training scientists, physicians, administrators and other staff in different transferable skills (www.scientistsneedmore.de). So far, more than 4000 participants have taken part in his international workshops around the world. Take the chance to learn more about how to use AI to increase your scientific productivity and quality in this instructive hands-on workshop lead by Dr. Mertens!
The workshop will cover these topics:
- Why use AI? Productivity and quality increase.
- How do LLMs work?
- Prompting like a Pro
- Using AI for structuring text, and telling a story
- Using AI for brainstorming of experiments and projects
- Using AI for decision making, introspection, career development and for training of interpersonal interactions
- Good Scientific Practice using AI Assistants: plagiarism, copyright, usage for brainstorming, publishing and for grant writing