Data-driven Cell and molecular biology
The subject area concerns research that fundamentally transforms our knowledge about how cells function by analyzing data from their molecular components in time and space, from single molecules to native tissue environments. This research subject area aims to lead the development or application of novel data-driven methods relying on machine learning, artificial intelligence, or other computational techniques to analyze, integrate and make sense of cell and molecular data.
Research area-specific DDLS Fellows
The DDLS Fellows program is a career program aiming at accelerating the data-driven paradigm shift in life sciences. The DDLS Fellows will form the base of the next-generation of data-driven life scientists in Sweden, and create globally leading computational and data science capabilities.
Meet the Data-driven Cell and molecular biology fellows:
Interview with Juliette Griffié (SU)
Interview with Johan Bengtsson-Palme (Chalmers)
Interview with Nicholas Pearce (LiU)
Research area specific expert group
The DDLS-Steering group has appointed research area (RA) specific expert groups to plan,
coordinate and steer activities within each RA. The members were selected in an open call for nominations.
The role of a DDLS research area specific expert group is to:
• advise on research area specific strategies and research profiles for the scientific programs of the DDLS
• suggest and co-organize activities and community events around the research area topics
• take part in evaluations by providing advice on the design of calls and the evaluation process
• advise and support the DDLS fellows, post docs and PhD’s within the area
• act as research area specific national reference group for data services and support, training and research school
• engage the national DDLS community within each RA.
Members of The Data-driven Data-driven Cell and Molecular Biology expert group:
Arne Elofsson, Stockholm University
Ola Engkvist, AstraZeneca
Margit Mahlapuu, University of Gothenburg
Eduardo Villablanca, Karolinska Institutet
Erik Lindahl, chair (DDLS SG member)
News article: DDLS Data Driven Cell and Molecular Biology expert group appointed
Research area lead and coordination
Research area lead for the Data-driven Cell and Molecular Biology research area is Erik Lindahl (SU)
Please reach out with any questions, suggestions or research collaboration inquiries.